Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Proposal to fix Autel Issues
Proposal to fix Autel Issues

6220 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-15 17:32:30

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US
    2015-07-17 18:11:25
     Hello,

As you know there is an ongoing issue with the new updates that are causing functions and/or features to be removed for the Autel units. 

With that being said, I have talk to the support in China. I will be in charge to provide support between customers and members of Autel as well as assisting the engineers and support for Autel China.

The main goal of the new updates are to improve the interface of the diagnostics and prevent any further litigation that comes from other manufacturers.

Their intent is not to change or remove the features or functions. 

Right now, the leaders and managers of Autel are very aware of the serious situation at hand and working very hard to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. 

They are comparing the previous to current version and see what went wrong.

To expedite the issues, I asked everyone to please email me at jonerikb@autel.us for the issue that you are having.

Please provide Year, make, model, engine size, and VIN as well as serial number of scanner. For MaxiSys and MaxiDas units, please datalog and provide as much detailed description of the issue. For all other units, please provide as much as detailed description of issue as well.

The more detail you give us on the issue, the better our support can quickly provide to fix the issue.

Please give engineers some time to fix this issue. They will analyze the problem like the way we diagnose the problems on vehicles. 

I will provide a list of issues for the scanners to the support team in China on a daily basis as much as possible. 

Let’s work together as a team to get these issues resolved so we can move into bigger and better things.

If any questions, please let me know.

Jon-Erik Balagot

Technical Support

Autel US California

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    steveboden

2015-09-15 05:59:50 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

Hi Jon-Erik,

Any updates on the issues? Autel distributor Australia.

regards Steve

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    GlenBMW69

2015-09-16 15:30:40 (Reply to:steveboden)

My scanner has done bad things to my 2006 m5 e60 s85 engine I was doing a clutch
    reprogram and then for some reson it changed somthing so when I got to step 2 start
    car only turns over won't start ran great before program also car does funny stuff came
    out and drivers side daylights were on only. Not happy this programmer did bad going
    to take to bmw cost big bucks. Not happy

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    alex

2015-09-17 04:55:13

Hi i already send more than 3 messages but no 1 replay or help.
    My scanner Maxidas 708 every time I scan a car and I need to put a vin number it always says vin not supported, it only start doing that after I update it. Is it any way to fix it? Or I spend $ for noyhing?
    Really not happy

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-17 05:32:49 (Reply to:alex)

with 3 messages you mean 3 DATALOG or 3 email?

Where are you from? DO you try to contact you local dealer?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-19 01:52:49 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

hi jon i have 3 outstanding data-logs i have only just got 1 reply they seem to take weeks to do anything which is ok if you have the time to wait but we don't cars come in and go out the same day... 

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    alex

2015-09-21 07:31:07 (Reply to:Pedro)

Hi Pedro how are you?
    I'm from Timor Leste and I'm the only 1 with this scanner in the country.i order the scanner from the US.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-25 05:13:52 (Reply to:alex)

Alex, it's normal that it don't decode the VIN in the main menu. Even with the new Maxisys. If you need any help, please contact me. Do you speak Portuguese?

•   Level 4   
    (106) points
    GRT

2015-10-04 13:58:49

This Maxidas its crap. Cant even in few years civic reset DPF preasure values. My friend have a rly cheap china clon of universal scaner for $200 bucks and was able to do that. This device its crap. Gathering money for rly good working tool - Gscan.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-10-05 02:18:45 (Reply to:GRT)

Could you please explain better what you need to do? Because I have already done that in a Honda Accord from 2012. So I think it's possible to do in a CIVIC.
  Total2 Pages